Comes in sets of 25 - STEM and green careers promise growth and opportunity. Plus, they are key for U.S. competitiveness. But how do you know which STEM occupations suit you best? In just five steps, this easy-to-use assessment helps students and young people discover their personality type and then match it to STEM and green careers.
Users respond to 72 brief items, total their scores, and identify their Holland RIASEC personality type. Next they identify appealing jobs that align with their top personality types. Green job titles are in a green typeface for quick and easy recognition. Another step features a worksheet for researching careers of interest and lists career exploration resources. In the final step, students match their personality to education-related career clusters and career academies. All job titles in the STEM Careers Inventory are from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Information Network (O*NET) database.
Key Features and Benefits
- Self-scoring and self-interpreting.
- Includes green jobs, featured in easy-to-spot green type.
- Scores into six personality types: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional.
- Easy to score: Just circle the number of Ls (for Like) in each of the six personality types.
- Uses Holland’s RIASEC coding system and approximately 150 O*NET job titles.
- Encourages students and young people to consider STEM career clusters and career academies for their future education and training.
- Takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.